vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

2006 VW Jetta 2.5L Intermittent Electrical Problems I

Customer Question

2006 VW Jetta 2.5L Intermittent Electrical ProblemsI suspect the door harness is bad. And think to replace with 1K5971120H, Door Harness - Front Left
Often damaged from door movement causing electric components in the door to become inoperable.Looking for guidance to diagnose and fix these bugs.Full VAG-COM Scan AttachedSymptoms:
Intermittent electrical components don't work, then work, then don'tFor instance:
1) Rear Defroster Light comes on at switch, window element does not heat.
2) Windows intermittently work and sometimes don't. Leaving window stuck in a down position.
3) Wipers work, but stop working when car is not in motion and don't work in reverse.
4) Wiper Fluid Does not respond
5) Rear View Mirror controls do not function. Intermittent.
6) Lock from driver's door control does not function.
7) Light for "Hood Open" on when hood is closed.I'll try and attach a scan I just did of the car.Any guidance would be appreciated.Thanks.
Category: VW
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am very flexible on time. Full access to car until Thursday.

So your needing all the diagnostic steps I have from the repair guides for each of the codes you have stored?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sure. I have a factory repair manual and a vagcom scanner. But help
Progressing through the steps based on codes is what I seek. Anecdotally it makes me think the door harness needs to be replaced since that's a known problem. And then also the central can't gateway is bad. Or perhaps just the door module. Ready for instructions.

Since you already have the factory repair manual to follow along with, I am not sure what more I can offer since you already have all the wire diagrams and pinpoint tests to follow. I can opt out if you choose to allow another to help.