peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Dropped the top on my 2003 Beetle Convertible about two

Customer Question

Dropped the top on my 2003 Beetle Convertible about two hours ago but it wont go back up. The flaps at the back windows did go down after the top was lowered. No sound of any kind when I hit the power top switch.
JA: Any noises from the window when you hit the switch?
Customer: Nope.
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried the three up and three down window switch routine
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know any more to tell.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Correction. Rear "flaps" did not go down after top was dropped.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

What usually occurs and causes this type of fault here is an issue with one or more micro switches that can fail.Your model uses micro switches that send signals on what position the roof and roof components are in.If one or more of these are sending a false signal on what position one of the roof components is in this causes this fault here and the affected micro switch needs replaced.You will need to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool to locate any faulty micro switches needing replaced.The scan tool is also used to monitor the switch signals to help locate one at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete