VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Vw Touareg 2.5: Abs light on and brake light flashing and no

Customer Question
Vw Touareg 2.5 : Abs...
Vw Touareg 2.5 : Abs light on and brake light flashing and no gears shifting
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: Yes both on
JA: What year is your Touareg?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Touareg yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, fixings myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
10/21/2016
VW Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

The first step is to get the codes scanned with a scan tool that can read abs codes. This could be so many things and a code will narrow down the problem to the root cause.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Already pulled the trouble code. Address 02 is not present on vehicle networking. Address 01 is reporting missing data from ABS and Automatic control unit. Codes: P1649, P1645 and P1626.

I am going to open this back up to other experts I do not have access in my service manual for this vehicle, someone will be here to help shortly.

VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need some more information.

• ​is the drivers side carpet wet or damp?
  • any recent accidents
  • any recent repairs before this issue came about?

please let me know

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I removed all seats and carpets nothing wet. All dry.

is this a left hand drive or right hand drive vehicle please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Righ hand drive and I removed both sides seat completely to see wiring.

so the battery is on the drivers side or the passenger side?

i'm from the states so i have to make sure where the battery is to instruct you on where to look at wiring splices

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Passenger side and Automatic transmission control module is located underneath the driver seat. Also no P R N D L indicator display on cluster and selector lever gear can not move from P.

ok the wiring on the passenger side fllor near front of the front door opening , take the wrap off and inspect the splices there . the splices has corroded or came apart and has to be redone!!! there are 2 to 3 sets of splices on that side . please let me know with pics !!!

thanks

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry to say but I didnt pay for reading all these story. Anyways I have fixed the problem.

so that means that my recommendation and utilized our service to better you ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, I have already checked all the recommendations provided by you before I contacted you. Your recommendation was based on internet search.

no sir i'm a Master VW technician for 18 yrs for a VW dealer in the United States. My profile shows it!!

not playing around but no evidence that is your car? In the States we have left hand drive vehicles so that is why i have asked of the battery location because there is electrics at the same area with a relay which the splices controls that relay and locks up the shifter , no trans communication , abs and brake lights on and flashing . the dash lights lit up like a christmas tree.

alot of people does not respond and check back in to say hey i found it or not so that is why that "anything else" message was sent .

i try to follow up everyday !!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, thanks. It is definitely my car and I am also master technician from VW.

what dealer code?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
390
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please tell me terminal code for which you refering to me to see/check weld splice on passenger side near door openings!!!

i need the pic of the options sticker where the spare tire is located.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Then how do you recommended me before? That is the reason I predicted that your recommended is base on internet search. Thanks for your guidance and I close this tech help now.

because in my dealer i have done alot of that repairs in the field!! went for Touareg training when they first came out !! especially where there is alot of moisture in the carpet which then corrodes the splices!!

390 is not a dealer code !!! the dealer codes are 6 digits and also your importer code?

so what scan tool you use vag com ? vcds? vas pc ?

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician