vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I purchased a replacement radio on ebay and it requires a

Customer Question

I purchased a replacement radio on ebay and it requires a code. Is there any way to get this code? JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code? Customer: The radio is from a salvaged 2005 jetta that the seller is parting out so I don't have access to the original car JA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far? Customer: I need the code for the radio JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you? Customer: No

Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need 2 things !!

first the vin # of the vehicle the radio is going into

second i do need the 14 digit VWZ # that is etched on the radio itself. PICTURE PREFERRED!!

THANKS

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

OK the Vin is 3vwst71k56m707090 the vzw is vzw4z7e2014146

I don't have a pic because I installed the radio waiting for a response. I can disassemble if need be but would rather not