Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

I have a 2007 beetle with ac not working my readings are 80

Customer Question

I have a 2007 beetle with ac not working my readings are 80 low side and 200 on low side. The compressor might be bad? Or the system is blocked somewhere?
Category: VW
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

If the system is now properly charged and you reading 80 PSI on the low side then yes you are on the right track with it likely being a failed compressor. If your replacing the compressor then you need to flush the complete system and replace the accumulator (receiver drier) as well as the expansion valve.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

compressor readings when bad?? I might over charge but when adding Freon it never got cold especially in the low side line. What has me confused is that some times it gets a little cold just for a moment and the ac compressor is not making any bad noises. Are you sure is the ac compressor?

Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Normal pressure on a properly charged system should be right at 35 to 40 PSI on the low side and right at 200 to 210 on the high side. If you where over charged you would also have excessive high side pressure.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Ok, thanks

Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Your very welcome and thank you as well.