VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Need to find a 1995 Eurovan replacement computer, as the MAP

sensor is bad but is...
Need to find a 1995 Eurovan replacement computer, as the MAP sensor is bad but is mounted in the computer. Have no idea how to find that part.
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: The MAP sensor.
JA: Are you fixing your Eurovan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, the mechanic has it and diagnosed it, and we are looking for a replacement computer since the MAP sensor is mounted inside the computer.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I really just need a parts source, even if it is in Germany.
10/19/2016
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I need to know if it has the 2.4 or 2.5 engine and whether automatic or manual transmission

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is an automatic, 1995 Eurovan camper, the 5 cylinder so not sure if that is 2.4 or 2.5.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Because of the mounting inside the computer, the mechanic thinks the whole thing has to be replaced.

HI,

Ok, give me about an hour to see what I can find.

HI,

Ok, factory part number is###-##-####

I did find it at an European parts site

https://en.partacus.de/spareparts/detail/0a769464e27da5f3863275e50a46d194/

This site also shows it in stock

https://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/025997022X/

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

If those dont pan out let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. Will let you know. They look promising.

HI,

you are welcome

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi. The part number you pulled up, showed this response from the ECSTuning.com website you listed as having the part, when I chose the "Select Vehicle" option of 1995 Eurovan camper, 5 cylinder engine. This was the response from ECS Tuning, using the part number you listed, which was for a controller and not an ECS computer. The partacus.de website you gave did not have the part under the number either.This was the ECS site's response when I used the Select Vehicle with my part number. The following results were found while searching the entire ECS Tuning product catalog. Products listed below do not contain any applications that match your selected vehicle. The parts shown below were found by comparing your search terms against the known OEM part number or internal ECS part number. Before proceeding be sure to use the SELECT YOUR VEHICLE drop down menu in the upper left corner or be sure to check the product application guide before adding an item to your cart. If you have any questions about your part selection or vehicle application please call or email our sales team at 1-***-***-**** or***@******.***.Neither website worked for the part. Thanks for trying.
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager