VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Smoke coming into cabin, 177,000 got it week ago and not

Customer Question
smoke coming into cabin JA: How...
smoke coming into cabin
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you been losing oil or coolant?
Customer: 177,000 got it week ago and not checked oil and coolant
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 2003 Passat 1.8T
JA: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, want fair idea what the problem is and how much it will cost
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: ok
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
10/16/2016
VW Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

if you have smoke in cabin could be several issues

1- is oil leaking and dripping on exhaust and causing the smoke

2- is a coolant leak from evaporator inside the dash leaking internally

3- does the smoke has a smell to it , oil or coolant

4- can you check oil & coolant and see which one is low

5- is the heat working , is there carpet wet under glove box , passenger side

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat