Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

Where is the low beam headlight fuse located in a 2008

Customer Question

Where is the low beam headlight fuse located in a 2008 Passat 2.0T. manual says "5 (10)" for both sides, but there is nothing in there (fuse box)
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need a vin # to assist!!

thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
WVWAK73C18P092297 2008 VW Passat 2.0T Komfor

which side is not working ? do you have high beams?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Both low beams aren't working but high beam are working

ok the fuse for the low beams are the same for the high beams so it is not a fuse. did you replace the bulbs ? if so by accident did you replace the high beam bulbs ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
replace the bulbs with H7 SilverStar Ultra Headlight

ok want to make sure because you have to be a contotionist to get to the bulbs on both sides . the high beams are real easy to get to !!!!

please do check this out . since you have the high beams work swap with the low beams !!!

let me know!!!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did that a couple days ago, my running lights works and high beams.

the fuse box under the hood is it a 2 relay of 4 relay fuse box?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I believe so

2 or 4 ? it makes a difference!!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Could it be the 40 amp fuse in slot 47 or 48?

there should be 2 fuses there. 47 and 48 both 40 amp

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

If they are both good then a VAG COM scan tool is needed to check the wiring for that circuit . maybe there are codes for the headlamp switch or even the turn signal switch because the high and flash to pass controls the headlamps

anything else?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will check the fuse in the tomorrow thanks

got it!!!