vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

2010 VW Tiguan 2.0 turbo has code 000768, 000769, 000772 I

Customer Question

2010 VW Tiguan 2.0 turbo
has code 000768, 000769, 000772
I replace all timing chain guides a new injectors seal kits, and crankcase vent valve and new intake manifould,, all OES
the engine run ok, don't feels a misfire, but when I increse the RPM arrow 2200 the check engine light star blinking and when the RPM comming at idle 5-10 seconds later the light stop blinking and go away, and the ECU trow the codes I mention, any clues, thanks i advance.
Category: VW
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- you definitely have a random multiple misfire

2- so do we have a vacuum leak, did you check , around the intake ?

3- is your timing correct did you check ?

4- what are the fuel trims log & short & your scanner at idle

5 what scanner are you using these are not valid code for me ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
those are factory codes

i see but they are not matching for me , i will opt out for another expert to help you with it .

Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 10 months ago.

I can help you these are misfire faults , can i ask why you replaced the crankcase breather valve did you have a system too lean fault ??

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Right, random multiple misfire, Cyl # 1 and Cyl # 4,, in OBD2 is P0300, P0301 and P0304,,I just replace to be safe, I hear this valve became bad and is very common and not I never have a system to lean fault.

Have you checked the rear main seal and did you remove the carbon off the intake valves when the intake was off ??

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't have oil leak in the rear main seal off curse I clean the carbon in the intake, any other clue???

not the carbon off the intake but the intake build up on the intake valves since this CCTA motor has a lot of issues causing this type of concern

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks again, if you read my post, you can notice I mention I replace a the intake manifold, and at the same time I clean the carbon in the intake valve. off curse, do you have and other clue.??
Have you removed the spark plugs to verify that there not getting fuel on them ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what do you mind whit (verify that there not getting fuel)? I don't understand, can you be a little more specific?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello, thanks for tries to help me, but please open my question for another VW technician, thank you