Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2009 VW Jetta 2.5. had the blower motor replaced a

Customer Question

i have a 2009 VW Jetta 2.5. had the blower motor replaced a year ago. I have no cold or hot air blowing out of the vents. Took it to my mechanic and he said its not the blower motor. I was limited on time, he said he needs to look deeper into it, under the fuse box? Could it be a relay gone bad? A cabin filter crossed my mind, but hard to believe that would prevent any air from blowing in..
JA: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?
Customer: no
JA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my mechanic checked the blower motor, which worked fine. one of the fan fuses was melted, and i replaced that, but still no hot air
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: VW
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Are you going to be able to do the diag and repair yourself with my help?

Was the wrong amp fuse in place?

So far damaged wiring looks to be the source here based on the fuse melted.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris