vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Is there is fee for this service? 2008 Jetta 2.0 Wolfsburg

Customer Question

Is there is fee for this service?
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 2008 Jetta 2.0 Wolfsburg Edition
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Car never has oil, took it to the dealer and they said it had no oil. Still heard ticking noise. Took it to an independent mechanic, they said it needed a new oil pump. Turns out it didn't need a new oil pump because we took it to another place. Had valve work done. Car doesn't shift smooth. Black soot on tailpipe.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: We go rid of the ticking noise with the camshaft and valve work. Now the car doesn't shift smooth and makes a loud noise when you accelerate.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The first mechanic, not the dealer, cleaned the oil tube or something. They didn't know what they were doing and messed up my car.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I took my car to the mechanic for the ticking noise they say they cleaned the oil tube. After the cleaning of the oil tube the car was worse. Loud noise and poor acceleration. The tailpipe has Black Soot around it. The car has never had black soot around the tailpipe before. The second mechanic fixed the ticking noise with the camshaft, valve (I don't know cars) timing belt, repair. However, car still has loud noise during acceleration. Not a smooth shift.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

There is a fee for this service!!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results.

We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them.

Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results.

Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service.

This service will be an addition to the normal question cost.

Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!!

I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first.

Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return.

I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary.

If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need a description of the noise please!! noises are the hardest sometimes a recording and then posting the recording here so i can hear it to assist.

second i do need a vin # of the vehicle please to see which 2.0 l engine you have.

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's the Wolfsburg one

i do need a vin that is how my database is set up!!!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I already paid for a response. I don't have the vin number handy.

you can post it when you get it and then we can continue .

can you at least describe the noise , hiss, clunk , vibration in the body . please be descriptive or even post a video on you tube of the noise that you hear

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, I already paid for a response. I checked my account. The VIN number is ***** The car does not shift smoothly after the 1st mechanic did something. The noise sounds like a Truck or TDI engine when you accelerate.

ok you have the old style 2.0t .

so it sounds like exhaust . is the clamp after the cat converter rusted out and broken?

is there you can have a video of the noise or audio please. is the check engine light on ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I guess it's an old 2.T 2008 is old. No engine light. I can't describe the sound. It's an exhaust sound. It's loud

Here ..... in 2008 there was a split of engines used . old style and new style motors. do you want me to assume one and its the other?? is that fair??? I DO NOT THINK SO !!! So the more information you can get for me than these one liners , videos, recordings etc....will help me to help you !!!!

Back to your issue , i have seen the clamp after the cat converter that breaks but still connected so when torque is applied the exhaust flexes and leak there at the clamp and also the same for the flex pipe of the converter. now is that related from the repairs from before I cannot say because i cannot see what was done in relation to now.

the noise is more in the front or in the middle under the car or in the rear?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Did you see the VIN number? Doesn't that tell you what kind of engine this is?

yes already identified this did you read Back to your issue?