VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Let me guess, you diagnose the problem but for $200 buck you

Customer Question
let me guess, you diagnose...
let me guess, you diagnose the problem but for $200 buck you will tell what it is
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 1999 vw beetle 2.0 gas 4cly
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: just replaced Fuel pump, fuel regulator, spark plugs, plug wires, speed sensor, and temperature coolant sensor, runs great but fans don't not engage but if AC on then then big main fan engages
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes fix myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not sure
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tested OHMs on the old thermal coolant sensor at post 1-3 and all other combinations and got open circuit reading all the way around, got the new sensor and tested it the same way but got the same results all the way around. I can't get any Ohm reading on any two points of contact. Test continuity on volt meter test leads and got a beep.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have heard that the wires can be jumped to see if they are working but I don't know the point combination
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a Haynes VW New Beetle 1998 ~ 2010
8/30/2016
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!!

I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

Is the check engine light on ? if so what codes are stored?

if you pay attention when started you have a blue temp light . after about how many minutes when the blue light goes off?

any recent accidents?

thanks

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced