VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

I have 2012 jetta tdi 2.0. I'm trying to do a forced regen

Customer Question
I have 2012 jetta tdi...
I have 2012 jetta tdi 2.0 . I'm trying to do a forced regen on the dpf. My scanner is a snap on solus edge. Can anyone show me how its done?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
8/27/2016
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need values on measure value block 243 please Carl.

what faults you have in the vehicle ?

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The DPF light is on and it's in limp mode.

with your solus you need euro loaded and then select volkswagen then expert mode and then 01 engine electronics and then read measure value block 243

i need the values readings please .

also what codes are stored in the ecu!?

thanks

i need these values first because of a fire hazzard!!

i need to know the soot load.

is there black soot in the tail pipe?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Looks very clean . Can't see any soot

did you use your finger and wipe?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well if I do that maybe a little on my finger tip but not much

there should be absolutely none!!

most likely you will need a new dpf and egr filter!!!.

what happens if you use basic settings on 243 do you get a number display?

did you try the read measure value blocks while running?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Every time I try to go into block 243 it says function not supported or just gives me a blank screen. Can you tell me the steps again ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Probly just a glitch with my scanner . Well I'll go ahead and replace those . Can you tell me the steps on how to force a regen for future reference ??

i connot because right now i cannot because i need to know those values . YOUR CAR WILL BURN DOWN IFTHE SOOT LEVEL IS TOO HIGH!!!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I KNOW THAT!!!! IM REPLACING BOTH OF THE FILTERS !!!! BLOCK 243 DOESNT WORK ON MY SCAN TOOL !!!!
LOOK AT THE PIC I SENT YOU!!!!

VAG COM SCAN TOOL NEEDED TO RESET DPF VALUES. DO YOU HAVE VCDS VAG COM?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I don't . I have a snap on scanner . I need you to tell me how to do a FORCED REGEN with a snap on scanner . So if I ever need to do one I will know how. Can you tell me or not ?

the issue at hand is this i and the site can be liable if the car burns down so I cannot do this without the dpf soot level # . too many risks . and even that i bet your solus will not do the regen because you cannot get me values .

Especially with VW and the diesel gate issue!!!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your instructions to get the soot level # did not work . Can you recheck that ?

i'm a master vw dealer tech for 20 yrs. what happens 241 . you may have very old ecm ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Congratulations . Are you talking about my scan tool ? its a 14.2 solus edge .

excuse me ??? I'm talking about the car ecu!!!!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your excused. What do you mean old ECU ? Should it have been updated ?

what is the value please lets not get off track!!!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You asked if I had an old ecu ? What does that mean ? 241 is blank also . Forget it man I'll ask someone else . Also I'm pretty sure I would have a hard time holding you or the site liable if my car burned down since you warned me about it. Thanks Wolfgang
vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced