Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

I have a 2006 VW rabbit with several issues. The first is

Customer Question

I have a 2006 VW rabbit with several issues. The first is code P0098 Intake Air Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit High. Following this, I replaced the MAF (including the sensor) (https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/2600857_f520.jpg) and the code came back up. There is also a wire at the air intake point that I believe has a sensor that is missing, but I can't figure out what sensor to buy or if it could be the problem (see: http://s178.photobucket.com/user/jinxpjh/media/LW33.jpg.html). If you can tell me this part name or number, it certainly needs to be installed. Can you tell me what parts might need replacing to address P0098 on this car? Thanks so much!! - Adam
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

in order to help i do need a vin # of the vehicle so i can get the factory information of the vehicle !!

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
WVWDS71K26W195545
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I should have also said that I am working with an independent mechanic. He has a few basic scanners, but not the set-up of a shop. He does have access to a shop for something brief. Thanks1

ok adam

just want to make sure that on the intake tube there is a hole where the sensor goes through or not?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If you mean at the end (beginning) of the intake, there is a hole, but it is just a holder that would put a sensor into the open space. If you mean, the MAF temp sensor further down, I just replaced it. Unfortunately, I don't have the car with me right now so I can't take pictures.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I added a picture (attached). You see the sensor that is missing on my car is at the elbow as seen here. I've not been able to sort out what it is for, if it is the source of the code, and ID it enough to order a replacement!

it is the intake air temp sensor i'm trying to get a part # for you . there should be a 2 wire connector

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Great. It was confusing because I thought it was the attached that was the issue. But, unless the harness is shorted there or something, I'm now thinking it's that sensor. I must say, I find it very difficult to identify with certainty many parts for this vw. Even starting with the vw parts site, it's hard to sort through parts and figure out what is needed. I'm sure if I took it to a shop with experience in vw, it would be sorted out, but of course, I'm trying to save money. If this works out, I may start a new thread on other issues I can't sort!! Thanks.

07K906081 is the part #!!!