VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

My wrench light is on, how do I reset it? A 2007 Jetta the

Customer Question
My wrench light is on...
My wrench light is on, how do I reset it? Don
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about? What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: A 2007 Jetta the red wrench on the dash
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: And the engin light is on to, I have done nothing so far don't know where to start.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
7/27/2016
VW Mechanic: Joshua Haynes,
 replied 1 year ago
Joshua Haynes

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you

VW Mechanic: Joshua Haynes,
 replied 1 year ago

Hi, are you still looking for help with this issue?

VW Mechanic: Joshua Haynes,
 replied 1 year ago

Hi, this is Josh checking in to see if you still needed help with the wrench light on your Volkswagen.

VW Mechanic: gomi_otaku, VW Technician replied 1 year ago
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician

The wrench light is your service light. Press down and hold the odometer reset button, while you turn on the ignition switch. Release the odometer button, and press the selection button on the opposite side of the cluster to reset it. Turn the key off and back on again to check that it is cleared.

The check engine light you have to check and clear the faults to get that to go out. You may have luck taking it to Autozone or other large chain parts stores, they will read the faults for FREE (and if you hint, they may "accidentally" clear the faults out of the memory)

if you get them read, post the faults here for help diagnosing any issues.

gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician