vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

My 2012 Touareg hutch back will not release the activating

Customer Question

My 2012 Touareg
hutch back will not release the activating mechanism clicks but the tailgate is completely frozen shut. The light on the dash board shows that the tailgate is not close completely even though it is closed. There nothing that's visible jamming the gate closed. Looking for suggestions. There is a little door in the gate but when you open it it's nothing but solid plastic with a small hole in it.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

More then likely you have trouble codes stored in the tailgate module which indicate you have failed motors for the rear tailgate these are build into the rear tailgate shocks you have 2 of them total , these are starting to cause issues and fail as of late . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you