VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

I have a 1995 winnebago rialta. it is based on that years

Customer Question
eurovan. the front windshild has...
I have a 1995 winnebago rialta. it is based on that years eurovan. the front windshild has begun to blow fuses. i hae replacd the motor and it still blows fuses
JA: Have you had any recent electrical work done on the car? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: no
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yep
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
7/3/2016
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need a vin # ***** the vehicle to assist.

i do presume that you have issues with the front wiper motor correct?

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1wvae0700sh004456 is the vin#. As stated, I have replaced the motor and as long as the wiper ass'y is not in place the motor turns and functions as intended. My skill level is moderate.

when you replaced the motor did you check to make sure that linkage and pivots are nice and free moving (not binding)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the fusecond blows when I put the wiper ass'y back in place. The wiper arms and blades. I have lubed the area that you are talking about with a lithium grease and that is moving freely.

the vin # ***** up invalid can you take a pic and paste here ?

thanks

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced