VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

2011 jetta SE 2.5. The audio system will not turn on but the

Customer Question
speakers are thumping continuously even...
2011 jetta SE 2.5. The audio system will not turn on but the speakers are thumping continuously even with the car turned off and key out of ignition
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Car is in park. Don't know
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was hoping to pull a fuse out to stop the thumping and prevent battery drain.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's all I can think of. Owner's manual has no fuse diagram
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
7/2/2016
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need a vin # ***** the vehicle to assist.

thanks

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced