Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

I have a 2001 beetle that has an electrical problem. Yes.

Customer Question

I have a 2001 beetle that has an electrical problem.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I'm looking for electrical diagrams.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

What area of the vehicle do you need diagrams for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuse block over the battery to start. Looking at the fuse block, the connection on the right (100A - black wire) has started melting the fuse block.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

That is the power feed for the charging system, (S177 in the attached diagram) SW is the code for black in the wiring. It could be that the alternator is over charging, or a high resistance in the wire from the alternator to the 100/110 amp fuse in the fuse holder above the battery.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the diagrams in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,