vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

2005 VW golf 1.9 dsl .Came in on the hook ? No fuel pressure

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: 2005 VW golf 1.9 dsl .Came in on the hook ? No fuel pressure ? replaced pump and filter .Fuel looks good .Got running .ran good for awhile ? Started stalling when coming to stops then hard to restart /? Looked on IATN (Iam a repair shop ) They said Disconnect Cam Sensor lead ?If starts replace sensor .Did and it runs still same problem ?will only run with sensor Disconnected > Note it did set 16725 Camshaft sensor code before we unplugged it ? We were pointing to timing belt ?Customer said he just had it done Two months ago ?We were trying theory this out .When pump died did it back -fire and jump belt / Or are we crazy
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you had the fuel pressure tested recently?
Customer: 87582 pressure good
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes we are a small shop .we do Navistar cummins ,cat and Duramax But this German thing is kicking us back ?
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: just fuel pump filter and relay . we did replace both crank and cam sensors because of code but I know on Navistar and cummins any extended cranking will set that code ?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

Jody I do need a vin # ***** the vehicle first to get the factory repair information .

second i need to know if the timing belt that was replaced done by a shop or by the customer himself ?

were the lock down tools used ?

can you provide a pic of the cam gear so i can see the 3 bolts that holds the gear on please

thanks