VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Overhauled the cylinder head, now the car won't start : New

Customer Question
Overhauled the cylinder head, now...
Overhauled the cylinder head, now the car won't start
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: New battery, and the engine turns over
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Engine just turn but won't fire up
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Everything. Valve and ignition timing correct
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
6/9/2016
VW Mechanic: Technicaldan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Technicaldan
Technicaldan, Technician

I will see if I can help you, what are the details of the vehicle, other than vw?

Is it hydraulic tappets? Did you put them back where they came from? Did you depressurise them? Have you ground the valve seats?

If everything is perfect as you say, I wonder if it is the hydraulic tappets or lifters are under or over pressurised depending.

As I said, I am just guessing atm as I don't know what car it is.

Do you have any codes or access to them?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's a 1300 cities Chico 2002 model. An engineering shop overhauled the head for me

I will opt out and let some better placed to help you advise you, i'm not familiar with that engine.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK. Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Any news
VW Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician