Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2005 Touareg we had a diagnostic done and it threw

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Touareg we had a diagnostic done and it threw codes for loss of refrigerant and the air quality senor we had it reset and the AC worked for a few hours then we replaced the sensor and had it reset and it worked for a few hours now we are back to no cold AC the fans work the refrigerant is up to capacity
Category: VW
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Do you recall the codes you got, and are those same codes back?

Are you looking to diagnose and repair this yourself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't recall the numbers on the codes but I remember that it said the reort they gave me was that air quality senor need to be replaced and that it showed the code for loss of refrigerant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to diagnose to fix it myself.

Thanks, ***** ***** are up against more testing without knowing the codes. Do you know the high and low side pressures while running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The code was 00445

There is a TSB for this code. Your supposed to recode the system with leak detection off using the VAS diagnostic tool. If a copy of the TSB is needed, let me know.

Let me know if your pleased with my help. If not please reply prior to rating.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris