VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Eos 2008, top displays message "conv top non functional". just services at a VW dealer with boot latch replaced for...

Customer Question
eos 2008, top displays message...
eos 2008, top displays message "conv top non functional". just services at a VW dealer with boot latch replaced for the above reason. Was working a few hours ago
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: open luggage comp, etc trying to reset the sensors. nothing happened. yesterday I left it in a garage and in the morning it was working, seems like after driving for a while causes malfunction
JA: Which sensor are you asking about? O2? MAP? Did any codes pop up?
Customer: just the boot latch and luggage compartment lid
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not really
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
6/7/2016
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 1 year ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

OK if they replaced the upper latch on the boot then more then likely you have a issue with the lower pull down latch these have a high failure rate of causing issues like this i recommend you have this checked and also have them adjust the hatch stoppers so the top will not get mis adjusted and cause other issues . I hope this helps.

Please dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided we as experts rely on this thank you

vwtech0405
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician