VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

I need q radio code 2007 eos V/n VWZ5Z7F2124527 Thank you

Customer Question
Hi i need q radio...
Hi i need q radio code for a 2007 eos
V/n VWZ5Z7F2124527
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello?
6/3/2016
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

FYI if you have purchased a second hand radio it has been documented that the etched serial # ***** the electronic serial # ***** be different due to piecing 2 stereo's into one so be beware!!
here is your serial # ***** radio code:

Serial number: VWZ5Z7F2124527

PIN: 0253

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The car stereo is factory oem but the code provided wont work on it, now is on safe 2 do i need to wait an hour???

yes for one hr straight . now the other thing is that if the radio was purchased used it may have a different electronic serial # ***** of piecing 2 radios in one . i have seen that a bunch of times!!! so is that the # ***** is etched on the side of the radio chassis . pic will help to make sure the serial # ***** you have given to me is correct .

let me know

lets wait the hr to see when you enter the code . i do know its the correct code because it is from VW direct. you may have a radio that is scrambled internally which then a replacement is needed

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The radio was functioning perfectly until battery died because i left the lights on

great to hear !!!! please do your part !!

Thanks

Wolfgang

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, wait. The code you provided DID NOT work. For any given reason it got me locked on safe mode again when i tried the code

lets do this . unhook both battery cables , leave drivers door open, key in the on position. then with the cables disconnected from the battery touch and hold the cables together for 2 minutes and then hook up the positive cable then the negative cable . you will hear noises in the engine compartment (normal) then see if you can enter the code while the engine is running

let me know!!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tried it today and same results :/

ok do you have vag com scan tool need to get the electronic serial # ***** verify it is the same # ***** the etched #

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, i don't have those tools i just need the 4digit code for the stereo. Maybe the dealer has it

well the code is directly from VW because i'm a VW dealer Master tech for 20 yrs . Dealer has the factory scan tool and can do that to make sure on the serial # ***** if it is the same then the radio is bad and then needs replacing!!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how did you get this code from VW? I tried getting it from them they needed me to bring the car to the dealer...

that is why i'm here to help you!!

dealers are required to have the radio and vehicle at their posession due to theft!!

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician