eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified tech
6149662

2006 Touareq TDV10 has begun spilling water onto driver side

Customer Question

2006 Touareq TDV10 has begun spilling water onto driver side floor mat when A/C on and making right hand turns.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Problem amplified in warmer more humid weather
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: maybe or tell the mechanic what is wrong
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.
the ac drain is likely plugged I would clean it or or blow it out with compressed airif you remove the passenger side wheel well cover or liner you will see the a/c drain right their you will also see the sunroof drain that can also clog. the sunroof drain is facing down and the a/c drain is facing forward