Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw/ audi specialist
84635724

Po776 and prnd flashing JA: Sometimes things that you think

Customer Question

po776 and prnd flashing
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: cold shifts fine check engine light went out and when it warmed up check light came on wouldnt shift out of 1st gear
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 150k is a tdi
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: im a mechanic like to fix myself
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: no other problems
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi im kevin just to clarify you have the dsg auto box ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
this 9/10 relates to an internal fault which normally requires the mechatronics unit to be replaced.the code refers to a wiring issue on solonoid 2 but its almost always a bad mechatronics unit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Were to buy and how much do they usually cost
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
its always best to buy from dealer because they are so unreliable and fitting second hand may result in the same issue down the line .the part have to be programmed to your vehicle using diagnostic equiptment .the part itself is very expensive normally around the $1500 mark.the issue you have is its likely that the solonoid is failing but the cNnot be brought seperatly
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all