VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

JA: . How can we be of help? Customer: I've got

Customer Question
Hello JA: Hi. How can we...
Hello
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I've got a 2009 VW Jetta TDI, that just started jerking was sitting in the drive-thru. And as I went to leave I had the car in park, switched it drive the car jerked forward. Then came to a stop and it jerked again. It will only jerk when putting the car into park, drive or reverse and when I come to a stop but regular switching of gear has no problem.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible yes.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: Not that I'm aware, I just got the car about two weeks ago.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
5/15/2016
VW Mechanic: peterpete190, Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If the check engine light has come on with this issue here this indicates the engine or transmission computer has detected a fault related to this issue here and what needs to be done is to have a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle to read out the fault codes to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.If this only occurs when shifting in and out of park or drive or reverse this may be an issue with the transmission mounts needing replaced or a drive line/axle issue needing inspected and replaced as needed.I would have these checked into here to see if any of these are found to be at fault and if these are all found to be o.k. I would have the fault codes checked to see if any codes are set that will help diagnose and repair this issue here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician