VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Vw Beetle: Took my car to the shop because the air conditioner

Customer Question
Took my car to the...
Took my car to the shop because the air conditioner quit blowing cold.....mechanic says compressor is working, no leaks, frion is full....but car still won't blow cold air....(maybe it's my imagination but it seems to be blowing warm air) help! It's over 90 today
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
5/12/2016
VW Mechanic: CHRIS ZAPANTIS,
 replied 1 year ago
CHRIS ZAPANTIS
Hello im Chris and I will assist you.
VW Mechanic: CHRIS ZAPANTIS,
 replied 1 year ago
does your fan come on when you turn the a/c on?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes it blows through the vents
VW Mechanic: CHRIS ZAPANTIS,
 replied 1 year ago
no im talking about the external fan by your radiator. Should come on when compressor is on.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ooh Let me double check but I believe so..
VW Mechanic: CHRIS ZAPANTIS,
 replied 1 year ago
let me know.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes it is
VW Mechanic: CHRIS ZAPANTIS,
 replied 1 year ago
Ok with these compressors you cant tell if they are spinning can you get me pressures. Do you have guages?
VW Mechanic: CHRIS ZAPANTIS,
 replied 1 year ago
If the compressor is in fact working you need an expansion valve.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't...the local me handcrafted said the compressor was fine, but he couldn't solve he problem....told me t of take it to the dealer
..but that's 100 miles away ...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Duh stupid spell check that's supposed to say local mechanic not handcraft...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its like the heater is on when you turn on the a/c
VW Mechanic: CHRIS ZAPANTIS,
 replied 1 year ago
the air is hot like he heater or is it like outside air?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Even when it's not hot outside it blows a little warm...
VW Mechanic: CHRIS ZAPANTIS,
 replied 1 year ago
The problem is that for me to be able to diagnose this I need pressure readings from your a/c
vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced