vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

My low beam on my passenger side isn't working. Tried replacing

Customer Question

My low beam on my passenger side isn't working. Tried replacing the bulb and still doesn't work. Nothing appears burned or fried and all of my other lights on that side work. The low beam on the drivers side still functions also.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I would like to, yes
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: It's a 2013 Jetta se and only has about 55,000 miles on it. No accidents or anything like that
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When should I expect to hear from someone?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. on your vehicle i have seen that the wrong bulb is replaced and usually the high beam bulb was replaced. are you sure that the low beam beam bulb was replaced or is it the drl bulb under the low beam bulb? pic will help out alot!! thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I previously had an issue with the low beam on this side going out, so I'm sure I replaced the correct bulb. I was thinking it could be a fuse but I haven't actually opened the panel to look. I will send pictures when I have a moment
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
also with the pic i do need a vin # ***** get the correct repair information!! thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can give you the vin number now. It's 3vwdp7aj5dm264148
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried checking the fuses but there's no description of which fuses controls what
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My boyfriend figured it out. The cap came off and loosened the bulb. Thank you anyway.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was charged $28 already and we haven't technically finish the conversation is there way I can get a refund? Would I be charged every month for this?