VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T: Simple Question but tough answer I bet....I…

Customer Question
Simple Question but tough answer...
Simple Question but tough answer I bet....I have a 2006 Jetta that my son put a higher end Nav system with 20 gig hard drive with all my music on it, that was done in 2009 as the VW system of that quality was not available in Canada so he purchased the original equipment from Europe. Now we have no radio code to unlock it and not sure if I can ever use it again! it is original equipment but do not know that it was ever in a vehicle so the vehicle VIN number is ***** Very frustrated. I have the SN from the radio to go on.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/3/2016
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. is the nav unit a vw factory radio ? if so can you provide the 14 digit VWZ # ***** the radio ? pics would help me out alot!! thanks
No not easily because the radio is in place... I can a picture later today.
This is the description of the radio model and yes it is very much an original VW product.
VW Navigation RNS 510 RNS510 MFD 3 US version NEW
ok then i can help i need the 14 Digit VWZ # ***** you may have to pull the radio out to get that # . it is etched on the body of the radio and may have a sticker . post pics and i can assist!! thanks
Okay, I have an appointment for May 10th to pull it out and I will send photo and # ***** that time.Brian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByU13HCbZsc go to the above link to remove the radio yourself . save you some money!!