VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

I HAVE THE V 10 2007 TOUAREG AND THERE IS OIL LEAKING

Customer Question
HI I HAVE THE...
HI I HAVE THE V 10 2007 TOUAREG AND THERE IS OIL LEAKING , NOT A HUGE AMOUNT , FROM THE RIGHT HAND FRONT SIDE OF THE ENGINE . ANY IDEAS PLEASE
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: IT SEEMS LIKE THE OIL DRIPS ON TO THE EXHAUST MANIFOLD WHICH CAUSES AMOKE AND A BURNING SMELL I ASSUME AS THE OIL GETS HOT
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: NO NOT AT ALL
JA: OK! The VW Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: NOT TAHT I KNOW OF
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
5/2/2016
VW Mechanic: Kevin, VW Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic
Hi im kevin for oil to be leaking onto exhaust manifold in the area you mentioned it is leaking from the cam cover gasket and the gasket will need to be replaced to cure
Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic