vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Volkswagen Beetle Turbo S: a/c compressor cluth stays on even

Customer Question

a/c compressor cluth stays on even with key off on a 2000 vw beetle
Category: VW
Expert:  Kurt Kennedy replied 1 year ago.
When the AC compressor clutch is staying on, How do you know its not dis-engaging when you take the key out of the ignition? I know this might seem like a silly question, but I just want to make sure we are all on the same page from the start. Thanks1
Also, is the coolant fan control module a new unit, from the VW dealership?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well if I leave ac hooked up it kills battery overnight unhook it battery is fine in the morning no its not new from the dealer its from auto parts
We have not had good luck with aftermarket electronics from the parts store on VW / Audi vehicles. That would honestly be my first suggestion. Now on to some Diagnostics. the 14 pin connector on the fan control module you replaced, pin 10 is a green/black wire. With the key on what voltage do you have there. with the key off, what voltage do you have there?