Martin, auto electrical
Experience:  South African Trade Diploma in Auto Electrical
47606789

My name is***** just bought my 17 year old daughter

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** just bought my 17 year old daughter a 05 bug a week ago. Tonight the check engine light came on. And the blue coolant light comes on when she first starts it and then turns off
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I paid the deposit
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Welcome to Just Answer.This can mean one of two things. The coolant level is low or there might be a fault with the coolant level sensor. Hard to tel if one do not inspect this oneself. I would check the coolant level first and make sure it is on the cold mark when the engine is at room temperature. I you find that it is then the sensor might be the fault. There can be something wrong with the coolant system too but then you would also have more issues. So please check the coolant level first and then the sensor. The sensors become faulty due to the fact that the antifreeze form a layer on the sensor and the sensor then cannot sens if there are coolant present or not. Cleaning the sensor at times work but usually replacement is the answer.This should answer your question but should you need more information please do not hesitate to ask.Greetings,Martin.