VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Coco, JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about

Customer Question
Coco, JA: Thanks. Can you give...
Coco,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: EPC light on as well as red brake light, AC went out and strange warning noise . Brake lights work when I press the pedal
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/19/2016
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 1 year ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Can you tell me what year make and model ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2004 VW Beetle turbo
Have you checked fuses yet ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All fuses checked. Replace brake light switch.
Did you also check the fuses on top of the battery the 3 green 30 amp fuses and the strip flat fuses between each cable in that fuse ox ??
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes. That was the first thing I checked as I had heard about main fuse block melt downs. Checked AC fuse on secondary fuse block inside car.
EPC dash Light is on, Red brake dash light is on. AC is kaput. Shrill noise like warning signal happens when I attempt to drive.
Ok we have issues in the past with a mini fuse pop and cause this issue in the left side of the dash fuse box but since you have stated they are all good then more then likely you have a issue with the Ac control head taking down the circuit remove it and unplug it and see if some of the issues are fixed . I hope this helps please don't forget to provide feedback/rating for the help thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Which fuse in the left side fuse box would be the culprit? I mainly just pulled out fuses to see if they were blown and put them back in.Perhaps brand new fuses or a de-ox spray in the link
Send the vehicles vin # ***** I can look
vwtech0405
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician