peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Passat: Have two rattles in brand new 2016 Passat. Sharper

Customer Question

Have two rattles in brand new 2016 Passat. Sharper (glass like) sounding rattle from rear driver side. Second rattle is plastic or wire on metal sounding on passenger rear side. Both happen at low speeds predominantly and can replicate at any temp.
Have applied foam to rear seat release cables and plastic hooks on child seat anchorages.
What could be cause of these two rattles? What's the fix?
Submitted: 1 year ago via TrueDelta.com.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I tap around in rear cabin, I don't hear anything loose or rattling so cause for these two rattles is not directly evident.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Being a 2016 model this should be able to be diagnosed and repaired at no charge to you under warranty at a dealer.This is the best option for this here and in some cases a dealer may know of any common issues causing this noise needing repaired or replaced.I have seen loose plastic trim panels cause this issue here needing re secured or foam or anti squeak tape placed behind them to correct this issue.This will have to be checked into further to locate and repair the fault as I see no common issues myself for this noise here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete