VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Battery died jumped it off now top won't go down JA: There

Customer Question
Battery died jumped it off...
Battery died jumped it off now top won't go down
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: It will now car is 09 with 30k miles rarely driven, if I replace the battery will that help ?
JA: How old is the battery?
Customer: Came with the car 09
JA: Anything else I can tell the VW Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Not really it worked until battery died
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/5/2016
VW Mechanic: AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
What kind of car is this? All I see is that it's a 2009 VW, but no model. Also, have you checked all the fuses?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Beetle convertible when you push the button for the top to go down you can hear it
Trying to go down but nothing happens
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You there ?
Ok. That being the case, it's definitely not a power supply issue, which was my initial thought. Have you looked at the pump in the trunk to see of there is hydraulic fluid around it?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have not
I would first suggest doing that to see if a hydraulic line has ruptured.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll look at it when I get home
sounds good. Please let me know either way what you come up with
this question will remain open
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll do it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No hydraulic fluid in the trunk
were you able to locate the hydraulic pump?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes
Ok. When you attempt to operate the top, the pump runs?
vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced