vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

Volkswagen 1.9 TDI: have a 01221 crash sensor issue with

Customer Question

hi have a 01221 crash sensor issue with a 2005 Mk5 Golf
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
Have you checked the wiring between the airbag control module and the crash sensor ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for the response. I have checked it visibly as far as poss and it looks okay.Q1. I can't find a wiring diagram - so i was trying to understand if the crash sensor is wired directly back to the ECU or if there are other components in series.There are lots of articles regarding the underseat connectors and also the steering wheel squib and clockspring. I have already directly soldered the underseat connectors. I am also not sure if there is another crash sensor on the seatbelt tensioner besides the one in the door.. But also still not sure if these are relevant depending on Q1, and this error code.If i knew the answer to Q1 and which ECU pins the connection goes to i could buzz out the wiring to the crash sensor. ?Many Thanks.
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
provide me the vehicles vin # ***** ill see if i can look up the wiring diagram for you tuesday when i return to the shop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - see below
WVWZZZ1KZ6W033505Many Thanks
Steve
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
I have to see if i have access to wiring diagrams for uk vehicles ,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks - wait to hear ?
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
Sorry i dont have access to wiring diagrams for vehicles in the uk i would just follow the wires from the crash sensor to the module and see which pin# ***** go in the airbag control module connector and run new overlay wires from the crash sensor to the module . I hope this helps.Please not forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you