VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Pearl. I have had an intermittent problem with my 2012

Customer Question
Hi Pearl. I...

Hi Pearl. I have had an intermittent problem with my 2012 Jetta's locking system, especially with the driver's door. Sometimes it won't lock or unlock with the remote, but other times it will. This occurs with both remotes. This morning, it is cold, so I went out and started the car, and used the remote to lock the car as it warmed up. When I went to go to work, the other remote will not open the locks. I tried several times to unlock the driver's door by inserting the key, but nothing. The parking lights flash twice when I twist the key in the lock, but nothing happens. Now I have a running car in my driveway, and I'm not going to make it to work.

Mechanic's Assistant: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else I can tell the VW Mechanic before I connect you two?

No, that's it. I just want to get into the car to get to work this monring. The car is still under warrantee so it'll have to go to the dealership monday

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
4/4/2016
VW Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswerYou may have a combination of issues. The fob you're using now may not be transmitting and the doors won't unlock now, and the door not unlocking may be due to a failed latch. If you're unable to get it to unlock manually with the key then there is a deeper issue there than just the keyless entry not working.Have you tried unlocking the passenger door manually with the key?