VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

I'm replacing my solenoids on a 2000 Volkswagen Jetta and I'm

Customer Question
not sure what the new...
I'm replacing my solenoids on a 2000 Volkswagen Jetta and I'm not sure what the new ones go
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes I'm just wondering where the new ones go because the old ones are numbered differently
JA: Anything else I can tell the VW Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: That's it
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
4/2/2016
VW Mechanic: Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Hi there.What solenoids are you replacing? Why are you replacing them?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm replacing all of them because they're not good
OK. Now can you tell me which solenoids are we talking about?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The seven located inside the transmission pan. I have an OBD2 an that's the codes it gave
OK. Thank you for that information.Now, I need to tell you something a generic scan tool can't, and that is that the chance of all those solenoids going bad at the same time is like the chance you get at winning the lotto when you buy just one ticket; astronomical.Most of the times, transmission shifting issues are the result of bad connections between the computer and the solenoids.You are already here, so it won't cost you any more for me to help you pinpoint the problem if you so wish. If not, just let me know what engine is in your Jetta (AWD 1.8L turbo, ALH 1.9L Diesel turbo, AED 2.0L, AFP 2.8L) and I'll look up the information.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All I want to know is what order to put them. I've already bought them so why not go ahead and use them
OK. I need to know what tranny you are working with, base 4 speed or Tiptronic 5 speed?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's an automatic
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
4 Cylinder
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Engine is a 2.0
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The pictures don't show each individual solenoid, just numbered where they are. I need to know which one goes where because they all look alike.
Please see my previous post of 4:36 PM.Best Regards.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You still haven't answered my question.
I'm sorry, but even though I've asked several times, you have yet to tell me what trans you're working with; is it the auto 5 spd Tiptronic or the auto 4 spd 01M?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's a 4 speed automatic
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As I've stated previously
I looked through all your posts and still did not see where you had shared that information. Since we don't seem to be communicating effectively, I'll opt out so other experts may try to help you. Please don't reply until another expert responds or the site will cycle the request back to me.
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician