vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

JA: . How can we be of help? Customer: I have a 2001

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I have a 2001 vw jetta 1.8t and i am havinh trouble shooting issues. I just replaced my cat and both 02 sensors amd i am still getting codes for both sensors. Any ideas why?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes and the car runs fine. It doesnt seem to be misfiring or anything.
JA: Anything else I can tell the VW Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: I have also just replaced the suction jet pump it has a new ecu new air injection pump hose i think thats it.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: VW
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting the code numbers in the computer and your VIN? Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3vwpd69m01m211187 and the codes are p0136 and p0170
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry for the delay! Thank you for that information. I will do some digging for you and reply back.