vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

My 2008 vw passat was t boned insurance adjuster says can't

Customer Question

My 2008 vw passat was t boned insurance adjuster says can't get odometer reading because airbags deployed cut wires how do I get odometer reading so I don't have to see for his guesses
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i do need a vin # ***** see what engine and trans package you have?

second does the interior lights come on when the other doors are opened?

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2.0turbo I was told wires are always cut when airbags deploy right side or passenger side was hit no electric in car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

i need to get the wiring diagram so i9 can tell you exactly where to go so that is why i do need the vin!!

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but vehicle not here I'm at work
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

when you get it post it and i can then proceed further !!

thanks