VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

My 2011 VW Jetta cruise control would not turn off and it…

Customer Question
My 2011 VW Jetta cruise...
My 2011 VW Jetta cruise control would not turn off and it caused my speed to increase. I was not able to stop.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
3/25/2016
VW Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Can i get the engine and trim level?

Do your brake lights work?

The engine size is 2.5L. The brakes were not working because I had no brakes. I panicked and was trying to put it in manual mode to see if that would slow me down. I had DTC run on it and a few codes came up P15669, P0671, P0580. I hit a gate hoping that it would stop me and got a ticket for speeding and trespassing. I'm 50 something and this is my first ticket. I being charged a BIG fine and I'm want to fight it. I'm an Air Force veteran and have experienced some crazy things but this car being out of control topped it all. Just glad I was able to find something to stop me, even if my air bags didn't deploy. I'm looking for information that will help me fight this. Thank you for your time.

Code 0671 is not related and the other 2 I could not find for this vehicle. Can you double check these codes?

You had no brakes or the brakes were very hard to press?

Does the car drive and stop fine now?

The brakes were hard to press and would not stop the car. The cruise control would not turn off. The car was totaled. I'm looking for the codes. I know they said something about cruise control malfunction.

Thanks, ***** ***** info I can get the better.

The brakes were likely hard to press because the brake booster was not getting good vacuum because the cruise had the throttle open. Normally you brake with the throttle closed which results in high vacuum. So the brakes were likely working just not due to the issue.

Many vehicle have had electronic throttle body issues with cruise control sticking. So it does not surprise me at all that this happened. I hope you are okay though. Are you hoping to go after VW or the courts on the driving violations? Of course me being a tech I do not have any legal input.

I just want to clear my tickets or lower the fines. Is there a reason that my air bags didn't go off?

What was the speed at impact?

At first initial impact how far did the vehicle travel from that point?

It is going to take a repair order ticket from a dealer with this kind of information written on it to present to the court pr print off any thousands of the blogs on car speeds up on its own. There are millions of them since electronic throttle body came out about 03.

Around 60mpg. The went about 150ft. Do you think an other auto shop will work the same as the dealer repair order?

As long as the repair order has your vin# ***** there business name and a detailed evaluation of the codes, concerns, and possible causes. The air bag did not deploy due to the impact severity not high enough. It take s immediate stop or change of direction above 30mph to set off the air bags. Since you traveled much farther this indicates the impact through out the event was never sudden and hard enough.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician