vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

I REPLACED THE BATTERIES IN BOTH REMOT KEYTS AND NOW THE I

Customer Question

i REPLACED THE BATTERIES IN BOTH REMOT KEYTS AND NOW THE I CAN'T ATIVATE THE ALARM.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The VW Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i THINK THE ALARM SYSTEM NEEDS TO BE RECODED, AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT VW SAYS.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: NO, BUT I WANT TO KNOW IF I CA START THE CAR AND DRIVE IT, WHICH I DID LAST NIGHT WILL THE ALARM SET ITSELF AND LOCK ME OUT OF MY CAR?
JA: OK! The VW Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: 1999 VW GLX VR6, NOTHING OTHER THAN IF BOTH KEYS DON'T WORK, WILL THE ALARM AUTOMATICALLY SET?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

If you have not activated the alarm it should not set on its own more then likely you will need to have both remotes programmed to the vehicle for them to work at times the remotes loose programming and cause issues like these . I hope this helps.

Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided we rely on the rating feedback for our family thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE CAR IS DRIVEABLE, BUT IF IF I WANT TO LOCK IT I NEED TO DO IT MANUALLY?
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

Correct