VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

To many codes, I'm having trouble with evap purge valve

Customer Question
To many codes JA: Tell me...
To many codes
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I'm having trouble with evap purge valve can't tell if it's a leak or electrical
JA: Leaks can get messy. The VW Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: New fuel pump relay, new o2 sensors (both), and bought a new purge valve
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: It's a 1.8t 5 speed manual
JA: Our top VW Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the VW Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the VW Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
3/19/2016
VW Mechanic: Kevin, VW Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic

hi im Kevin what fault codes do you have?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
P1425
P1117
P1435
P1421
P1473
P0102
P1115
P1114
P0134

wow im going to opt out im not online for long enough to assist on this one another tech will assist shortly

VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i do need a vin # ***** get the factory repair info to assist!!!

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
3vwsd29m2ym195829

ok on your vehicle this may be a compounded issue.

the first thing you need to do is to replace the 409 relay under the dash. you need to get from the dealer 1J0 906 383C relay.

once that is done then clear the faults and then test drive to see if any of the codes come back. the majority of the codes are short to ground faults and the 409 relay controls that issue. the relay is about $50 range . this may cure all of your faults !!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I already switched out the relay already
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Didn't clear them

you need to clear them to reset . that is the only way to verify the repair

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I reset it and only three of the 9 codes came back
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I mean 6 out of 9

what are they then?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hold on
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
P1425
P1117
P1435
P1421
P1473
P0102

please check if fuse 43 is blown !!! let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Looks a little worn out not blown

is the fuse melted or corroded? install a new fuse to make sure!!

then clear and rescan

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No neither melted or corroded just looks old

put a new on in . if the codes still come back . then i need you to unplug the rear o2 sensor plug and inspect to see it there is damage to the o2 sensor and then cler the codes and see if any codes come back . note there may be different ones due to the rear o2 sensor is unplugged!!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Both of my o2 sensors are brand new and installed perfectly just got them done recently

ok are they factory from vw or aftermarket!!????

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Aftermarket

did these faults started to come after the 02 sensors was replaced?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No all were there except the code related to the maf

ok lets start at the beginning!!!.. you have been fighting this for a while!! ? what all was replaced? any recent accidents to the vehicle? any modifications to the engine ? all info you can give me may give a hint of what is going on!!!

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Replace both o2 sensors got a new fuel pump relay and a new purge valve but I haven't installed it yet

ok i need you to have a new fuse in 43 slot then at the puge valve connector ... disconnect and with a digital volt meter i need you to measure voltage at blue/yellow wire while running please

please let me know!!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still working on it

ok

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Voltage was five
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Fine

no it is not fine needs to be battery voltage!!

need to find the voltage drop !!

on the left under the wiper motor is a black cover where the wiring harness comes from the cabin to the outside engine compartment .... you need to remove the cover and gane access to the 6 pin connector brown in color and measure the voltage with the connector still connected and engine running on pin 5 blue/yellow wire and see if you have 5 volts or 12 volts there.

please let me know!!

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician