Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

Ignition key won't turn on a 2009 Volkswagen rabbit, manual

Customer Question

ignition key won't turn on a 2009 Volkswagen rabbit, manual transmission. I have tried turning the wheel and still doesn't turn. It won't even go to where just the lights are on on the dash board. I've noticed it being harder to turn on the past few days.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

on your concern you will need a new cylinder , steering column lock assy , 2 tamperproof with the bolts, and the column switch bezel that holds the switches.

all the parts must be ordered from the dealer .

it is about a 2.5 hr job from start to finish to rectify the issue at hand. recommend the dealer to do this .

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

hello again checking in to see if you need any more assistance?

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

Thanks

Wolfgang