VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Its augustine i have 2000 vw jetta 2.0L, a/c clutch not

Customer Question
Hi its augustine i...

Hi its augustine i have 2000 vw jetta 2.0L

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

A/c clutch not engaging, compressor checked good pressure good

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
3/16/2016
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 2 years ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

Do you have power going to the compressor when activating ? And do engine fans come on high speed when Ac is activated ?

No power to the compressor or the fan
Replaced hps and fcm
fans are good when i power them
clutch engage when i power it
fans only works with the engine temperature

Did you check the fuses on top of the battery ? The strip fuses and he 3 30amp fuses ?

fuses all good

Check the wiring going to fan control module since you have no power to the fan module that needs to be the next step trace wiring

how?

Do you have access to a wiring diagram ?

i have motologic

Not sure but do they have wiring diagrams there ?

hi its me again i checked the wiring for the fcm and i found that
in the 14pin
T14/3 GROUND - I THINK THAT SHOULD BE 11V IM NOT SURE
T14/4 - T14/8 - T14/9 IS 12V
T14/6 GROUND
T14/13 WAS 3-5-10V
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

This breakdown of the pin out of the fan control module should help you figure out what your missing . I hope this helps.Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided we as experts rely on this thank you