VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

I am looking at a 2004 VW Touareg, 124k miles. Multiple

Customer Question
Hello, I am looking at...
Hello, I am looking at a 2004 VW Touareg, 124k miles. Multiple Cylinder misfire ( 1, 2, 3, 4,5 and 8) Also a code P0106 (Manifold absolute pressure and P0113 Intake Air temp Circuit High input / Barometric pressure) Im thinking the MAP sensor or bad PCM. Any ideas on where to start?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
3/14/2016
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i do need a vin # *****

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What can the vin change in the equation? I'll try to get it, but its not a vehicle ive purchased yet, still trying to figure out the problem before i do.

my database is vin driven due to wiring diagrams and repair information. this is a compounded issue . does the vehicle run rough?

also i do check for technical bulletins to isolate the issue at hand

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The vehicle would start when i got there, but there are too many misfires to move it, Idle is low, And i'll list all the codes now.
P3081 (No Desc)
P0300 (Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected)
P0301 (Cyl. 1 Misfire)
P0303 (Cyl. 3 Misfire)
P0304 (Cyl. 4 Misfire)
P0302 (Cyl. 2 Misfire)
P0308 (Cyl. 8 Misfire)
P0305 (Cyl. 5 Misfire)
P0106 (Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance Problem)
P0113 (Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input)Again i'll try to get the vin waiting for a text reply.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
After i ran it for a minute, i shut it off to read codes, and it wouldnt run again with a jump. But it would turn over. Didnt try very long after that since i had already heard it running (Hard Misfire)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Vin: WVGCMB7L14D037251
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Anything?

sorry family emergency!!

its an invalid vin but here we go.

p3081 temperature too low!!

direct relation to p0113 (needs to be rectified)

possible cam timing out , vacuum leaks, fuel pumps low pressure. to many codes to pinpoint to one thing.

can be very expensive!!!

some real diagnosis time will be needed to isolate . i bet the cooling fans are at full blast due to the errors.

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced