VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2010 VW Beetle Final Edition Convertible. Top will go down,

Customer Question
blinking little car above rearview...
2010 VW Beetle Final Edition Convertible. Top will go down, blinking little car above rearview mirror never goes away. top goes back up sporadically (start stop start stop) Now top will not go back up. Have replaced switch, still does not work.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
3/8/2016
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 2 years ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

More then likely you have a issue with one of the top microswitches causing a bad signal and thats why its not working properly . The first step that will need to be taken is have the trouble codes checked in the top module with a capable vw scan too an this will tell you which sensor is bad . I hope this helps.

Please dont forget to provided feedback for the help provided thank you