VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Have a 2000 2.0 bettle. It will not start, set up 4 years.

Customer Question
Have a 2000 2.0...

Have a 2000 2.0 bettle. It will not start, set up for about 4 years. Tool it to shop they replaced camshaft position sensor/engine camshaft position. Repaired three wires that rat had eat. replaces the mass air flow sensor. Car ran like a top0 for two weeks now will not start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes. I do know how to do some things.

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Replaces the fuel pump, mass air sensor replaced the coil. The last code was for the throfal control sensor. It was cleared now I do not get any codes. Car will turn over but not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?

No I'm stuck

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
3/7/2016
VW Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

If it has good spark and fuel pressure and compression, then the gas is old and bad.

Thanks, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor