rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Have a 2000 2.0 bettle. It will not start, set up 4 years.

Customer Question

Have a 2000 2.0 bettle. It will not start, set up for about 4 years. Tool it to shop they replaced camshaft position sensor/engine camshaft position. Repaired three wires that rat had eat. replaces the mass air flow sensor. Car ran like a top0 for two weeks now will not start.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I do know how to do some things.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaces the fuel pump, mass air sensor replaced the coil. The last code was for the throfal control sensor. It was cleared now I do not get any codes. Car will turn over but not start
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: no I'm stuck
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

If it has good spark and fuel pressure and compression, then the gas is old and bad.

Thanks, Ron