VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Starts and then dies like it's out of fuel, That's basically…

Customer Question
Starts and then dies...

Starts and then dies like it's out of fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

That's basically it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

New maf sensor and new fuel filter

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?

Recently replaced radiator

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
3/7/2016
VW Mechanic: Martin, auto electrical replied 2 years ago
Martin, auto electrical

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer.

The problem might be the crank shaft sensor is faulty. The reason for me to say so is because the sensor is operating in a very hot area on the engine and the heat cause the wiring spool inside the sensor to deform. This cause the sensor to send a very weak signal to the ECM engine control module. The ECU then switch the engine off to protect it. This fault does not set a fault code so it's hard to test it. If you scan the system and you find no faults then it can very well be the case.

I hope you find this information helpful but should you need more do nor hesitate to ask.

Greetings,

Martin.